Craig Tuhoro of GMS has extensive contacts, experience and knowledge of the scrap metal industry. Combining this expertise with his vast knowledge of international markets, operational skills and trading background gives Craig and his company, the skills and capability to ensure consistent maximum return to both GMS and their clients.
A passionate businessman, Craig has over 25 years’ experience in the industry, and is renowned for being fair and reasonable, committed to building strong relationships and forging his way professionally. Craig left school at a young age, has five children, two grandchildren and enjoys weightlifting, boxing and rugby.
Areas of Expertise
- Extensive knowledge of the Scrap Metal Industry both Ferrous and Non Ferrous.
- Experience within the corporate sector encompassing senior management roles both in NZ and Internationally.
- Key communicator and facilitator
- Extensive operational experience.
- Strategic acquisitions - scrap metal & transport companies.
- Consulting to overseas & local entities in market, operational and trading issues.
- Utilisation of strengths to maximise operations and productivity.
- Maximising operational efficiency through leading edge technology, improving profit margins.
- Operational growth through expansion and technological development.
- Niché market development.
Professional Background2011 – Current: Global Metal Solutions
Position Held: GMS Owner/Managing Director
Utilising the skills of trained staff, Craig has developed niche markets for ferrous and nonferrous materials, and regularly partakes in consultancy work for overseas entities regarding market, operational and trading issues.
2005 – 2010 : CMA Corporation
Positions Held: Former CEO / Director - CMA Corporation, CEO - CMA Demolition Contractors, COO - CMA Recycling Australia Director - CMA Recycling NZ Ltd, GM – CMA Recycling NZ (Formerly SMA NZ Ltd)
CMA Corporation was the third largest metals recycler in Australasia, with Branches throughout Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Malaysia, and Chicago.
2002 – 2005: SMR Ltd [Formerly Aaban Metal Smelters and Scrap Metal Recyclers Ltd]
Positions Held: General Manager, International Trading Manager
Surecase Joint Venture
Involved in a joint venture with Surecast Metals for 10 years as a local scrap metal dealer, the foundry business is still in operation today.
Investing time in learning key knowledge of foundry operation in the forming of ferrous and non-ferrous castings, and the manufacture of products using base metals through metals recycling, has been an advantage throughout Craig’s career.
Tuhoro Metal Industries (TMI)
Craig worked in his father’s family business, where he learnt all facets of the industry from the grassroots upward, building a foundation for the strong career trajectory ahead.